Children & Family Pastors can apply for registration with the Baptist Union.
Last year we undertook a complete review of ministerial registration. As a result applicants are no longer required to be working for the church for a minimum of two days per week and be remunerated by the church. This means that many of our children’s and families pastors who did not meet the previous criteria for registration can now apply to be registered with the Baptist Union.
You can apply for registration if you are a pastoral leader, chaplain or missional leader working in the name of the Baptist family of churches. A missional leader is someone called and sent to pioneer a new faith community,
gathered around Christ, working at the intersection of God’s people, God’s world and God’s gospel. You must be a key leader or staff member, not necessarily paid, who has a significant role. The anchor of eligibility is that the applicant must make a contribution theologically or in leadership to the kingdom through the Baptist family of churches.
There are three areas that an applicant must complete to comply with registration, which covers two years. Spiritual Accountability, Applied Practice and Baptist Community. For full details visit our web site on www.baptist.org.nz/pastorhealthanddevelopment/registration. I would encourage all pastors to be registered for accountability, professional development and inclusion in our Baptist family of churches.
- PDF KidsMatter 17 - Feb, Mar, Apr 2013
- PDF KidsMatter 16 - Nov, Dec, Jan 2012-13
- PDF KidsMatter 15 - Aug, Sept, Oct 2012
- PDF KidsMatter 14 - May, June, July 2012
- PDF KidsMatter 13 - Feb, Mar, Apr 2012
- CBM Training Day
- Children & Family Ministries - Who We Are & What We Offer
- The Faith Box article Baptist Dec 2010
- Oct 2010 - Plan a Treat for Halloween
- Are you smarter than a 10 Year Old