National Resource Centre
The Baptist National Resource Centre exists to help resource churches so they can better fulfill their mission in their local communities. Our goal is not to do ministry but to provide tools, advice and training for pastors and local church leaders to accomplish their roles.
Our senior staff have extensive experience and expertise that is readily available via phone, email and a variety of direct involvements with churches and regions. From time to time we offer training events in different regions.
We administer the registration of Baptist ministers/pastors and have staff available for advice and support in the following areas:
• Church health and development
• Pastor health and development
• Statistical and demographic research
• Searching for pastoral staff
• Various ethnic congregations/ministries
• Children and family ministries
• Youth ministries
• Church planting
• Church transitions
• Church re-development
• Maori ministries
• Multicultural ministries
• Community/social service ministries
• Protocols and policies
All the support for and administration of tranzsend (The New Zealand Baptist Missionary Society) is undertaken within the National Resource Centre by their New Zealand staff team.
We publish a monthly magazine, the NZ Baptist, which is the longest continuously published church magazine in New Zealand.
The administrative support provided to churches covers the following areas:
• Employment Agreements and Terms of Call
• Finance – accounting and tax matters
• Human resources
• Statutory compliance – OSH, Privacy Act, Building Act etc
• Bulk buying arrangements – eg. fuel cards for church staff, cell phone groups, and membership of various buying groups giving discounts from a wide range of merchants
We keep an extensive database of annual statistics from all churches belonging to The Baptist Union which is used often for research both from within our movement and beyond.